Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tuesday, May 15
I'm in Alice Springs Airport, waiting for a connection to Uluru. It's chilly here in Alice Springs, but I think it will be warmer at Ularu. I'm told that it's more desert-like. I just looked at a map of Australia, and I have traveled around the entire north-east quadrant of Australia. The 4 hour trip from Kakadu to Darwin was pretty much all scrub trees and grass--reminded me of scrub oaks in Missouri. I did see 3 wallabys by the side of the road, as well as a baby that was only about a foot high.I'm looking forward to posting a photo of me holding a koala She was just a cuddly as she looked, but she had long curved nails that I had to detach from my bare arm. I'll also be posting a photo of me petting a kangaroo, and I'm looking forward to a camel ride in Uluru. This is a rather small airport, but it has a fantastic gift shop. I was able to buy several important gifts, including the boomarang that my son had asked me buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment