Monday, September 19, 2016

September 19, 2016
Joann and I arrived in Madrid about 4:30--lost an hour between here and Marrakesh. I had arranged for a shuttle from our hotel--The Prado Ibis-to pick us up, but I was instructed not to call them until we had picked up our baggage, which took an inordinate amount of time. We finally made it to our hotel about 7:00. We checked out our room, which is just what we wanted, then went out for tapas about 8:00. We really like that idea--small portions, reasonable prices, and no doggie bags.

We walked around afterwards, and the ambiance reminds me of Paris--lots of people out for the evening.

I didn't blog yesterday because there were problems getting on the internet. I had signed to go shopping in the souk (the market) with a tour yesterday. I bought some Morrocan curry and some argan soap.

Tomorrow, we plan to spend some time at the Prado and take a tour of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment