Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20, 2016
Joann and I spent about 3 hours at the Prado today, then took a Hop-On, Hop-Off tour of the city. We just stayed on the bus, however. I think we were both too tired to hop off and hop back on. Madrid is a lovely city--lots of interesting architecture. There are also lots of trees in the parts of Madrid that we saw this afternoon, but they are left natural--unlike the pollarded ones in France.

Joann is coming down with a bad cold, but she is being a real trooper. I'm not sure that I could do as well as she is doing. She's taking a little nap now, and we plan to return to the tapa restaurant this evening. She has also inquired about flemenco music, which the desk clerk says is not far from here. We'll see if she feels like it.

I chose this hotel--the Hotel Ibis Prado--because it is within walking distance of the Prado. I have stayed in a number of Ibis hotels in France, and I have always been pleased with them. Joann says that they look like they've been furnished by IKEA, and I agree. It turns out that this particular hotel is also in an interesting part of the city. Last night after dinner, we walked around a bit--lots of people out walking We felt very safe. There are also lots and lots of tapa restaurants within easy walking distance of our hotel, but the one we went to was recommended by our desk clerk.

By the way, the henna tattoo that I got in Marrakesh is still on my hand, so some of you will get to see it when I return.

I'm hoping that this blog gets published. The wi-fi here is interittent, something I have experienced with every hotel I've ever stayed in. I probably won't blog again until I am home. I plan to post a few photos--probably not until Thursday, 9/22.

No comments:

Post a Comment