Saturday, May 11, 2013

May 11,
I will try once again to use the blog.
We are still having a wonderful time in Florence. Our City Tour yesterday with our wonderful guide ending at the Michelangelo Museum was very enjoyable. This morning, we walked over to the Boboli Gardens that are behind the Pitti Palace, home of the Medici family who ruled Florence for 300 years.
While it was an interesting experience, we were a bit disappointed. There are lots of beautiful trees, grass, and statuary, there are few flowers. These gardens are unlike anything one would see in the U.S. or in France. I have photos which I will post when I return home. Somehow my Samsung Tab 2 doesn't upload them fast enough on the blog.

We returned to our apartment about 11:00 after buying more bread and cheese and had lunch. We still had half a mellon--cantelope type, but much sweeter--which we ate with prosciutto, accompanied with an assortment of cheeses--chevre, ementhaler, brie, and gorgonzola--and Italian bread. I made salade dressing and we dressed an assortment of lettuce. What a nice lunch--with a liberal amount of chianti, of course.

We will tour the Uffizi Gallery this afternoon, so I may add another blog this p.m. if I find that I have something of interest to say.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to read your posts. I have always thought it would be wonderful to visit Florence, so I can live vicariously through your trip. Can't wait to see your pics. You have an Android phone, don't you Carol? Why not download Instagram and each time you take a pic it will be published on that app?

    What is the Italian bread like?

    The Tweenies got together last night and had a nice dinner at Cafe Maurice. Of course, we missed you.

    Nothing much happening here. In 2007, when Jon and I were in Turkey and Greece, Greensburg was destroyed by that F-5. Hopefully, you won't have to hear anything like that while you're away from home.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,

    BTW, I looked at your blog profile, and you are listed as "male."

    ReplyDelete