Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27, 4:09 p.m. (9:09 CST) Last Night in Paris

I'm hoping that I've walked off some of the croissants, etc. that I have eaten while I've been in Europe. I just looked at my pedometer and it says that I have walked 13,176 steps today, 5.8 miles, and burned 397.2 calories.
I sent to the Louvre this morning with Eunice and her family. We mostly concentrated on the Greek, Roman, and Egyptian exhibits, with just a quick run through some French paintings like Corot and Delacroix.  I saw enough religious paintings in Italy, so I was happy with the 19th century French paintings. We were all pretty tired by 1:00 p.m. so we stopped in the Tuileries Gardens and had a sandwich.

At that point, I parted with Eunice and family and went in search of Emma Gilkerson's Pastry shop. I found it; unfortunately, it was closed. It will be open tomorrow, but I won't have time to return. Too bad. For those of you who don't know Emma, she was one of our Sister Cities scholarship winners several years ago. She studied in France and ended up marrying a Frenchman.


No comments:

Post a Comment