Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13
Well, Another catastrophe! Oh, it's actually not a catastrophe, more like a vexation. I've been taking 250 euros out on my debit card every day so that we'll have the rent money for Paris. Tonight when I stuck my card in, thinking it was the correct card, it got sucked into the machine. It was my credit card, not my debit card. Fortunately, I have another one, but that was the one with a chip in it. At any rate, I finally realized what I had done and put my debit card in and out came the 250 euros. My bank told me that I could draw out $500 per day, but the ATMs here will only allow 250 euros in 24 hours--$324-327, whatever the rate is for the day. Anyway, Eunice thinks we're even now. I suppose she's correct. We both have our moments.
Enough of my  problems! Eunice and I just got back from the Chianti region of Italy. We visited a vineyard and had a fairly elaborate tasting with hors d'oeuvres. We were there about two hours, touring the winery, then tasting about 4 different wines. One thing that we really enjoyed was the scenery on the way. It looked like all the photos that we see of Tuscany. Yesterday when we went to Pisa, we were disappointed in the scenery, not at all what we were expecting. We took lots of photos, so, as promised, I will do a blog entry when I come home with photos and annotations.
Tomorrow evening at 9:30 we take a night train to Paris, arriving about 9:30 a.m. We're both excited about that, as well as our meeting with my friend Cathy and her husband Pete. We have made several plans with them--a couple of dinners, a tour of Poilaine Bakery, a shopping trip to the St. Germain Market, and the Caveau de la Huchette (jazz club). More about all that in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment