Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Lost is Found

I am so pleased with myself. From past experience when one of the people on one of the Sister Cities trips who had his card sucked into an ATM and I talked until I was blue in the face trying to persuade the teller to return it with no luck at all, I thought my time and energy would probably be wasted. But...nothing ventured, nothing gained. I took my passport over to the bank where the ATM was located and approached the teller: "Parla inglese?" I asked in the most timid voice possible. She replied, "A little." I carefully explained that I had mistakenly inserted my credit card into the ATM instead of my debit card, and asked if it would be possible to retreive it. She spoke to her boss, who took my passport and his key and removed my card from the machine. So, I have my credit card with a chip in it again. I'm in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment