Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28, 10:05 a.m. (3:05 CST) Paris

I'm back from having breakfast with Eunice and family. The family is on the way to see the Catacombs and then Versailles. Eunice has been having some fairly severe back pain, so she's staying at the hotel for the day.

I walked over to a cafe near their hotel, which was about a mile, so I already have two miles. I don't suppose I will be able to improve on that very much because the shuttle is due to pick me up in about 50 minutes. So it's "Good-bye Paris; Hello Roissy (the area where CDG is located)."

It was raining all the way over to the hotel and sprinkling a bit on the way back. I have heard that this spring is the coldest on record since sometime in early 20th century. When I was here last May, we had very little rain, and the temperature was mild most of the time. I have needed a coat almost every day in France, as well as my umbrella.

Something I forgot to mention about yesterday when we were in the Jardin des Tuileries, there were two goats eating the grass in a long ditch. Eunice's grranddaughter said that they were chained; however, my photograph does not show a chain. Those crafty French--what a great way to avoid mowing in a steep ditch.

I'm sure that I will think of several other things that I have forgotten, so I'll try to include them when I get home and my final blog with the best of my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment