Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 23, Leaving Beaune

Eunice and i are packed and waiting for our landlord to pick us up and take us to the train station. It's a little after 9 a.m. so we have a while to wait. We're watching BBC and just heard that Chinua Achebe just died. He wrote Things Fall Apart, which is a really strong novel about European colonialism in Africa. If you haven't read it, I strongly recommend it.

We are still discussing how to handle getting Eunice to the hotel at CDG without having to take her heavy suitcase. At present, I am recommending that she come with me to the studio apartment that I have rented in Paris, leave her suitcase there, and take a shuttle to the airport, taking only her backpack. We'll see what she decides.

The weather here has warmed up a tiny bit and it's no longer raining. We have enjoyed Beaune, particularly the Hospices de Beaune and the wine tasting, but we would have enjoyed it more, had it been warmer and drier.

I will probably blog again this evening from my studio apartment after Eunice leaves and it's too dark for me to go out.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment